After a long hiatus — our very popular and much beloved Uber Natural Shampoo is back! We just made a beautiful, fragrant fresh batch this week and have it available to purchase in the SFRAW warehouse. This is an item we are happy to ship, for those interested.
Uber Natural Shampoo 8 oz. cobalt blue PET plastic bottle for $22.00
For dogs over the age of 8 weeks, humans, and livestock only. It is not safe to use essential oils on/around cats, rabbits, birds or other small/exotic animals.
100% Certified Organic Ingredients: Herbal Infusion of Soapwort, Horsetail, Chamomile, Rosemary, Oatmeal, Lavender and Rose Petals; Unscented Pure-Castile Liquid Soap; Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice, Rose Hydrosol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Red Palm Oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Xanthan Gum Powder, Vegetable Glycerin, Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil Blend: Lavender, Rosewood, Rose Geranium, Rose Absolute, Ylang Ylang, Grapefruit, St Thomas Bay Leaf, German Chamomile, Roman Chamomile, Carrot Seed/Helichrysum; Custom Blend of Flower Remedies.
Ingredients are100% Certified Organic or Wild-Crafted; Fair-Trade Certified; Non-GMO; Third Party Certified for Purity and Authenticity; Funds Social and Environmental Programs; Habitat Friendly; Wildlife Safe; Cruelty Free; Vegan.
Gentle enough to use every day, this low sudsing, nourishing shampoo quickly and easily rinses clean. Leaves dogs fresh smelling, not perfumed or overwhelmed with an unnatural, chemical scent (Mango or Peach, for example). Allows for the natural texture of your pet’s coat to shine through. Excellent for dogs with skin conditions of any kind or who are sensitive to chemicals or impure additives. Normalizes the skin, soothes itchies, reduces flaking and shedding, promotes hair growth and repels skin parasites – wow!
Absolutely Pure! Learn more about our exceptional ingredients and how our shampoo is different below.
ABOUT SFRAW GROOMING PRODUCTS
Is that grooming product as “natural” as you think?
We are proud of our ingredients and fully disclose what goes into every bottle. We use grapefruit seed extract, essential oils and vodka as natural preservatives. Only the highest quality herbs are incorporated into every product we make. We have searched the world of suppliers to find the highest quality, freshest, certified organic or wild-crafted herbs we could find. Therapeutic grade essential oils and/or genuine hydrosols are added for their powerful therapeutic qualities, and we seek out only the finest, certified organic suppliers of these special and powerful substances.
Our shampoo is simply one of the purist conditioning cleaners you will find.
What’s In Our Uber Natural Shampoo:
We use our own home-made Certified Organic herbal infusion and Certified Organic Rose Hydrosol as a base. Certified Organic Saponified Oils of Coconut and Olive (w/ Retained Glycerin) boost the cleansing power of the shampoo without the use of chemical surfactants. Organic Soapwort bark herb is added as natural, gentle sudsing agent. Certified Organic Oils of Hemp, Red Palm, Argan or Shea Butter, Wheat Germ and Jojoba are incorporated as exceptional skin and coat conditioners. Certified Organic Whole Leaf Aloe Vera juice and Certified Organic Oatmeal are included to soothe and balance skin and coat. To this we add therapeutic grade essential oils that are chosen for their ability to balance and nourish the skin and coat and our own flower remedy blend to make bath-time less stressful and more enjoyable for your dog.
Our Uber Shampoo infused herb blend contains:
• Chamomile – soothing, antimicrobial
• Rosemary – antimicrobial, excellent hair tonic
• Horsetail – strengthens hair, stimulates hair growth
• Lavender – antimicrobial, soothes itching and pain
• Rose Petals – astringent tonic for dry, itchy skin
• Oats – nourishing, soothes sore, flaky irritated skin
Our Uber Shampoo essential oil blend contains:
• Lavender – antibacterial, anti-itch, regenerative, uplifting
• Rosewood – excellent moisturizing skin tonic
• Rose Geranium – antifungal, parasite repellant, calming
• Ylang Ylang – calming, sweet smelling
• Grapefruit – repels fleas, stimulates hair growth
• Bay Leaf – hair tonic, deodorizer, repels ticks
• German and Roman Chamomile – skin soothing/balancing, calming
• Carrot Seed – excellent for dry/flaky skin, healing
Every ingredient used is as natural as you can find – this is truly “Hair Food” as well as a gentle cleanser. The formula is gentle enough to use daily and will not strip the natural oils found in your dog’s coat.
Our shampoo’s cleansing ingredients (called “surfactants” or “co-surfactants” in the industry) are not merely derivatives of natural materials made into chemical surfactants. Even the mildest surfactants used in some natural shampooing products cannot compare with our truly natural cleansers, which is a gentle certified organic soap made of oils and an herb; specifically, Certified Organic Soapwort herb, Certified Organic Saponified Oils of Coconut and Olive w/ Retained Glycerin.
What’s NOT In It:
Check the labels of most other “natural” grooming products, and you will notice that they hide harsh chemical ingredients by using vague statements in their ingredient listings like “natural coconut based cleansers”. There are no FDA rules that require companies to disclose what’s actually in that bottle and that “natural coconut based cleanser” generally contains ingredients you might not want to use on your pet – especially if your pet has sensitive skin or is not in perfect health.
The use of terms such as “mild coconut based cleanser”, “herbal conditioning base”, “coconut cleaner base” is not adequate disclosure as to what the product actually contains. Unfortunately, with vague descriptions like these, one can never know the actual ingredients used in the product. These vague terms nearly always includes one or more of the following chemical surfactants/co-surfactants:
• Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)
• Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate (ALS)
• Cocomidopropyl Betaine
• Glucosides (Decyl, Lauryl or Coco)
Sodium lauryl sulfate is a high volume synthetic chemical used in consumer products and is also regulated as a pesticide. A suspected gastrointestinal or liver toxicant, sodium lauryl sulfate can be drying and harsh for the hair and cause eye irritation, allergic reactions, and hair loss. According to the National Toxicology Program, it has shown moderate reproductive effects in experiments. It has not been tested for neurotoxicity.
SLS has been associated with some serious health concerns. It is frequently combined with TEA (triethanolamine), DEA (diethanolamine), or MEA (monnoethanolamine), which can cause the formation of the carcinogenic substances nitrosames.
In addition, unlike most other “natural” grooming product companies, we never use these other unnatural or potentially problematic ingredients:
• Chemical preservatives (methyl-, ethyl-, propyl- and butylparabens and/or methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone) – which recent reports suggest are unsafe
• TEA-lauryl sulfate, TEA (triethanolamine), MEA (monnoethanolamine), lauramide DEA (diethanolamine) or cocamide DEA (diethanolamine) – which have been linked to cancer.
• Petroleum surfactants, which almost always contain SLS, DEA and other harsh or dangerous chemicals
• Propylene Glycol (commonly found in anti-freeze)
• Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol (or other chemical thickeners)
• Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 80 (or other chemical emulsifiers)
• Fragrance oils (such as Mango, Tutti-Fruity, Melon, Sea Breeze – these types of scents are synthetic or chemically derived and not from therapeutic aromatherapy essential oils)
We proudly purchase all of our herbs from Mountain Rose Herbs and our essential oils and hydrosols from Amrita or Aura Cacia. We incorporate Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Pure Soap and Nutiva Red Palm Oil into our shampoo formula. We highly recommend these companies for their ethics, integrity, and outstanding high quality and are proud to feature their raw materials in our exceptional products.